Wednesday, August 28th

What do you think is the most important ingredient in the formula for success?  Hmmm....do you think it might be good time-management skills?  Perhaps the ability to multi-task or the gift of being tech-savvy?  Still others might say that good financial skills are needed for success.  I agree that all of these are needed, but none of them are the most important.  Even with great time-management skills, the wonderful ability to multi-task, a geek-freak mentality, or phenomenal financial smarts, you will not excel without the very important grace of knowing how to get along with people.  That's right---people skills.  You have to learn---and it's far better to learn now---how to talk to people.   Sarcasm is never, ever going to get you very far; seeking to embarrass someone will always be costly; and, impatience will always come back to bite you later.  For some, people skills come naturally; for others, it's a learned art.  But, whatever the case for you, practice being soft-spoken, genuine, and polite. 

A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it! Proverbs 15:23
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 28
Luke 22

4 comments:

  1. Out of all those things I need to work on becoming more self-spoken. I think I can come off as a little harsh at times, and I now know that is not the way to success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a very sarcastic person by nature. Not usually to be mean to people. Rather it is just me playing around. I need to ask God to show me when and where to be sarcastic. Today I read Proverbs 28/ John 15.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a vary sarcastic person people who know me knows that its not the funny kind some times can be but not always. And some times when I get sarcastic I get vary mean and its not the nice kind of sarcasm and I want to change that about me. Further more I feel like I don't have vary good communication skills what so ever and I also want to change that about me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to watch what I say to people, and I pray that God will help me to think before I speak. Wednesday I read proverbs 28 and Luke 22

    ReplyDelete