Sunday, August 11th

Have you ever met a girl who thinks she's better than others?  When I was a teen, we called it being a snob or stuck-up.  I knew girls who thought that because their parents were more wealthy they were better than the other girls.  I didn't realize that when I became a Christian, there would still be stuck-up people---even in church!   Some are snobbish because they are more financially stable; some are conceited because they are able to have nicer clothes and possessions; and some are stuck-up because they feel spiritually superior to others.  Perhaps they have a higher moral standard of living; perhaps they know more Bible, etc.  But, whatever the reason, it is a sin to look down upon other people.  If you are able to look down, that must mean you are lifted up.  James 2:1 says,

"My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons." 

We should be able to welcome a homeless, nasty-smelling, tattered-garment-wearing lady as warmly as we would welcome an obviously fashion-conscientious, latest-fad-wearing young woman into our church.  There should be no difference in the way that we look at or treat people.  Jesus crossed all lines to be kind, girls.  He crossed the barriers of race and class to reach people.  We should be no different.  Remember, dear girls, you have what you have because of grace.

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 11
Luke 5

2 comments:

  1. This is a good reminder that we shouldn't look down in other people, no matter what. I really do have what I have because of grace! Sunday I read proverbs 11 and Luke 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. People that look down on other people have always gotten on my nerves. Nobody should be treated like they are different in a bad way. We should always remember not to do the things that when other people do them it gets on our nerves. Today I read Proverbs 11/ Luke 5.

    ReplyDelete