Monday, August 26th

We've all heard our mothers say something along the lines of treat others like you want them to treat you.  The Bible verse they are using is Matthew 7:12 and reads,

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
 
 
It seems simple, but it's not always so simply applied.  We are going to have a short grammar lesson now, girls:-)  The phrase, whatsoever ye would that men should do is actually future tense, while the phrase, do ye even so to them is present tense.  However you'd like for people to treat you in the future is how you are to treat them in the present.  If you'd like for people to be kind, gentle, and understanding with you tomorrow, then you need to plant those same seeds today.  Notice the verse doesn't exhort us to treat people how they've already treated us; no, that would, in some cases, be returning evil for evil and we know better than that. 
 
It can be best be summed by this one statement, You reap what you sow; you get what you grow. 
Plants seeds in your garden that will bloom into the plants of sweetness, compassion, and joy; not seeds that will grow into the weeds of sarcasm, hatefulness, and mean-spiritedness.  You'll just have to weed them out later, and it's far better to not grow the weeds in the first place than to spend your time rooting out what never should have been planted.
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 26
Luke 20

4 comments:

  1. I want to work on being a kind-hearted girl. I want to make people feel loved and not rebuked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to be a sweeter more kind hearted person. I definitely want to be treated kindly, so I need to be kind. Today I read proverbs 26 and Luke 20

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not want to be remembered as the girl who always says mean things. Today I read Proverbs 25/John 12

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want people to think of me as a kind-hearted girl and loving not mean and hateful Toward others. I want to plant a seed that people will look at my life and say wow Desiree was a kind and compassionate caring and loving girl. I want to be much sweeter to my brothers tony and Justin I also want to be sweeter to my aunt and my step mom I have realized that I have been mean to them some times and I want to change that about me. I have been praying that I change that for a while know I have done that.

    ReplyDelete