Monday, July 22nd

I've never met anyone who liked every part of themselves.  They loved their smile, thought their nose was perfect, were proud of their skin, etc.  I'm sure all of us could pin-point what we feel is our best attribute, but we could just as quickly highlight our flaws.   There are very few people who genuinely love who they are.  If we did, we wouldn't be so busy straightening our curly hair or curling our straight hair!   Ladies like to feel pretty, and I don't believe there's anything wrong with a woman being feminine and beautiful.  But, each of us has to come to the place that we are comfortable with who we are.  For some, that may come with the realization that we won't ever be 105 pounds (and to be honest, it's not realistic or pretty to want to be either); other young ladies may have to give up the hope of getting taller....or shorter.....or having prettier ankles or hands; to be honest, the list could go on and on.  My point is this:  God made each of us.  He created us within our mother's wombs, and He is our Designer.  Take a look at what the Scripture says,

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:" Psalm 139:14

So, when we bemoan the fact that we have chicken legs or elephant ankles....or slanted eyes....or chubby cheeks...or whatever we aren't happy with about ourselves, we are saying, "God, I feel ugly, and I just don't like the way You made me!"   Perhaps we'd never say it out loud, but when we think so little of what the Lord thinks so much of, we are indeed saying that.  Are you thankful for how the Lord created you? 

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverb 22
Mark 1

3 comments:

  1. Being self conscious is probably my biggest flaw. It's not that I don't like the way God made me it's the fact that I look around and compare myself to everyone else. I need to work on being thankful for how the Lord made me. Today I read Mark 1/ Proverbs 22

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to remind yourself in the moment that God made me how he wanted me. Sure it is easy to think back and remind yourself that after the fact. I need to work on reassuring myself in the moment that i am wonderfully made by God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very self councious about a lot of things, and I guess I never took into consideration that this is how God made me and wants me to be. I need to be thankful for the way God made me and start loving myself the way I am! Monday, I read mark 1 and proverbs 22

    ReplyDelete