Saturday, July 27th

Have you ever felt really, really overwhelmed?  Perhaps you had a big test coming up and you felt totally unprepared.  Or maybe you had more to get accomplished than you could possibly get done and that sinking feeling of being buried beneath it all made you feel pressured and heartsick.  If you've ever felt like that, you are definitely not alone.  In fact, all of us have felt that way.  Even the Bible hero, King David---aptly named "a man after God's own hear"t---faced discouragement, fear, dread, and depression.  Overwhelmed is defined as having incapacitating emotional or mental stress, and surely, David faced that.  He fought giants, conquered cities, stood for righteousness, and loved God with all his heart.  Yet, David faced inner battles. 

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

David faced these obstacles; he was human.  He was a Bible hero, and yet, he struggled.  Are you and I any different?  We will face struggles; we will be discouraged.  And, yet, like David, we can take comfort in knowing that the Rock of our salvation will never leave nor forsake us.  Far from it!  It is during those deepest valleys, the most overwhelming circumstances, that our Lord is more precious than ever.  

If you are in one of those overwhelming seasons in life, believe this:  in one single moment of time everything can change.  The Lord knows where you are and is upholding you with His right hand of mercy.

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 27
Mark 6

2 comments:

  1. I often feel overwhelmed. School is sooo stressful for me and I often feel like I'm drowning. In May, I had 3 panic attacks because the future of my education was practically on the line with huge exams. Next time I feel this way I need to pray to God more. I need to stop trying to deal with things by myself so much and lean on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't even explain how much I needed this today. I have been searching for Psalms 61:2 since camp. "From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."Today I read Mark 6/ Proverbs 27

    ReplyDelete