Thought for Saturday, July 13th

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

Have you ever asked your parents or maybe even God for something, and the answer was not forthcoming?  Patience is definitely not one of my more dominant traits, and it's likely not one of yours either.  We are born with an "I-want-it-all-and-I-want-it-NOW" mentality.  It's evident in every aspect of our lives, too, by the way.  We demonstrate a lack of patience when we want to be the first in line; when we feel put out by having to wait our turn; even when we try to beat someone to a parking spot!  We are saying in an unspoken language, "I deserve that spot more than she does!  After all, I'm late for work!"  Patience is indeed something that the Lord desires to grow in all of us.  But, in most of us, He cannot.  Do you want to know why?  Because we often do not allow Him to.  "Mrs. Kim, that's not true.  I even ask the Lord to give me patience!"  Ah, surely, that is the case, but look at what the Bible tells us in Romans 5:3-4,

"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: "

So, in order to be more patient---to be more longsuffering---we have to be put through trials.  In those times of testing, sometimes we feel abandoned and alone.  But, it's during the trial that the Lord is teaching us patience. 

Are you going through a difficult time right now in some area?  Know of a certainty that...
"trying of your faith worketh patience", James 1:3.


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 13
Matthew 20

1 comment:

  1. I try to be patient in everything that I do but sometimes it does not come so easily. Like when I have had a bad day and my brothers feel the need to make it worse. Then my patience does run thin. From now on I am going to pray for the Lord to give me patience. Today I read Matthew 20/Proverbs 13

    ReplyDelete