Thought for Wednesday, July 17th

I need to apologize for yesterday's devotion.  I did my blog yesterday from my phone and thought it published it at the set time, but, it didn't:-(  I am sorry that I didn't notice it before now.

Most of us have seen the movie Courageous and loved it.  It's interesting to me that Merriam's Online Dictionary lists one definition for courage as the moral strength to persevere.  And, I most assuredly agree that to persist in our Christian faith will take courage.  Another interesting way to put it is that courage is not the absence of fear but rather the mastery of fear.  Everyone is afraid of something.  Boy, the list could go on and on...the dark, closed-in spaces, strangers, your parents (he he he); but, truthfully, there is something that frightens every single one of us.  My fears won't necessarily be your fears.  And, to be honest, to others, your fears may seem silly or unwarranted.  Yet, still, they are your fears.  Courage does not mean that you don't have fear or dismay; courage means that you honestly, humbly face them with determination that Christ can conquer them.

In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.  Psalm 56:4

And, another,

What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. Psalm 56:3


Girls, it's time we give our intimate fears to Jesus for He knows them already.  There is no weakness in admitting what scares us, whether it be fear of failure, fear of the unknown, or fear for the future; the weakness is not being courageous enough to admit to our Savior the areas where we need His divine intervention.

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 17
Matthew 24

2 comments:

  1. I do need to work on having more courage. I need to have more courage when it comes to little stuff that scares me like car washes (I know that's a weird fear, but I have had that fear since a little kid). And I also need to have more courage when it comes to me standing up for what's right and what I believe in. Today I read proverbs 17 and Matthew 24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fin myself afraid of many things. Such as fail re I kno w that people are watching me so when I fail I feel like I have let them down in someway. I am also afraid of quite a few other things. You might be surprised. I need to learn not to lean on my own strength but on the Lord. Today I read Matthew 24/ Proverbs 17.

    ReplyDelete