Thought for Friday, July 19th

Life is like a coin in one way: you can spend it any way you like, but once it's spent, it's spent.  This morning I've been thinking about something.  If I knew that today would be my very last day on this earth, what would I do differently?  I'm sure many of you have considered that thought, too.  But, since none of us are promised tomorrow, shouldn't we use today in such a way that if it were our last, there'd be no regrets? 

1.)  I hope I'd spend my last day trying my best to serve God.  "Are you serious, Mrs. Kim??  Your last day?!  Wouldn't you go, for lack of a better illustration, skydiving??"  I guess that's a natural-man response---to want to spend it doing something that would make me feel good.  But, I Corinthians 4:2 says,

"Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful."

2.)  I'd act like I really love my family.  I am sure the little aggravations wouldn't seem like annoyances any longer; in fact, those nuisances or irritations would probably seem like music to my ears.  If I knew I'd never, ever hear those precious voices again, what would I say differently?  I'd definitely speak  more lovingly, even in the face of aggravation.  Why?  Because it wouldn't be aggravation any longer. 

"...love covereth all sins."  Proverbs 10:12


3.)  I'd laugh at EVERYTHING!  I'd want my family and friends to hear me happy.

4.)  I'd forget about the things that really don't matter in the long run anyway and enjoy the gift of another day.

Now, that I review this list...perhaps it would do me well to look at it everyday...to remember what is really important in my life.  And, should it be my last day, then if I have done these things, surely there would be no regrets.


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 19
Matthew 26

2 comments:

  1. This lesson was a great reminder of the fact that we are not promised tomorrow. That thought is a little scary to me. Because with the way that I act sometimes my Lord would be disappointed in me. Sometimes I feel like that if God let me live a very long lifetime, It still would not be long enough. Today I read Matthew 26/ Proverbs 19.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is scary that I may not have a tomorrow...That thought is really frightening. But, at the same time, I know God is in control and he will do as he sees fit. When I do things that are not pleasing to the Lord, I feel guilty because I know that he is not happy and I can only imagine what he is thinking. I want to work on pleasing the Lord everyday, not just my last day.

    ReplyDelete