Thought for Sunday, July 7th

Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?  Did you know that you are to be both?  You are to follow those in leadership roles such as your parents and your teachers.  You are to follow those in spiritual authority such as your pastor and your Sunday school teacher.  God has placed authorities of all types over ALL people.  Have you ever seen someone who struggles with authority?  Normally, it manifests itself in the home first; parental leadership is shunned and no matter the approach, the one who struggles with authority bucks and kicks any direct instruction.  However, it won't stop there.  Usually, the objections to rules continue into adulthood and the clash with civil law becomes a reality.  Girls, when we contend with the authority in our home, we are really opposing our greatest Authority---God Himself.  It is the Lord Who has written,

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right."  Ephesians 6:1

It's been suggested that the way a young lady obeys her father is the way that she will submit herself to her husband.  I have found that to be true.  But, lest I make it sound easy, let me emphasize that obedience is not easy.  It hasn't ever been easy for any girl!  There's something in our nature that, in just a small way perhaps, wants to be the boss.  It's called a sin nature for that very reason!  Obeying those in authority is a difficult battle for many; and, it is most definitely a battle that you must surrender to the Lord each and every day.  But, remember this, before you can lead, you must follow.  Most of you girls reading this will someday be mommies, and you will be the one in authority.  Ask yourself a very poignant question: "Can I honestly say I hope my little girl obeys me like I obey my parents?"  Chances are that you'll probably see areas, just like I do in my own life, that we can be more submissive and humbly obedient. 

Isn't it great though that the Lord continues to shape us, to mold us, and to love us while He's teaching us to be more like Jesus? 

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 7
Matthew

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Ms. Kim for sharing your sight in Sunday School. It will be a great help for me. I enjoyed reading your blog and the scripture for the day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually have a problem with submitting myself to others but
    I do sometimes. When I do I realize afterwords I am wrong. I have more of a problem being a good leader. Because I don't take into consideration sometimes that there are people watching me. I definitely need to work on it. Today I read Matthew 13/ Proverbs 7

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty good at doing what I am told, but my problem is that I don't do it right away. I will normally have to be reminded a few times and I know for sure that it is something I need to work on. Yesterday I read proverbs 7 and Matthew 14

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes have a problem submitting myself. I don't know if it is because I am too stubborn or what, but I need to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mrs.kim for this I have a problem with the same thing submitting my self

    ReplyDelete