Tuesday, July 23rd

You've probably heard the question lots of times, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"   Some of you already have your dream job in sight as you make college preparations.  I've talked with you most of you, and you have goals and ambition.  You are SMART young ladies, and I'm so proud of each of you.  But, as I pray for you, I want to remind you to pray about your futures!  God has a perfect plan for your life, and you need to be in the dead-set center!  Don't ever make a decision as important as your job future based upon the amount of money that job title has the potential of making.  It won't mean anything to have that $100,000 a year job if you are miserable.  Choose your future based upon God's Word and His clear direction in your life.  Money, fame, excitement...these are NOT reasons to choose a particular field.  "Then, what is, Mrs. Kim?"  you're probably wondering.  How does the Lord want to use your life...how can Jesus Christ best be glorified in your choice?  That's what you must consider.  And, girls, let me be honest:  if it's not Scriptural, it's not within His will for you.  I don't mean that the Bible has to mention your particular choice; but, in order for it to even be a consideration, the job must not go against what God clearly lays out in His word. 

Your future, your choice.  This is absolutely true.  But, never forget that the Lord knows exactly what will make you the happiest, the most fulfilled, and that is what He wants for you.  Pray earnestly for the Lord's guidance and be willing to shift directions if the Lord makes it clear that what you've always dreamed about isn't exactly His best for you.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."  Psalm 37:4

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 23
Mark 2



1 comment:

  1. When I was growing up I always wanted to be famous. I wasn't sure how but I knew I wanted my name known. That's fine I guess if that's what God wants for me. More then anything I want to serve God with my life. Today I read Mark 2/ Proverbs 23

    ReplyDelete