Thought for Friday, July 5th

One of my most favorite sounds is that of a child laughing.  I LOVE it, but especially when it's this little bitty baby laughing ferociously!  There's just something about it that makes me laugh, too, no matter what they're laughing at.  

Most of the time, laughter comes when our hearts are light and happy.  Proverbs 17:22 says, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...", and surely if anybody ought to be happy, it should be Christians.  Our hearts ought to be literally bubbling over with joy.  We've got everything to be happy about!  And, guess what else?  Laughter is quite contagious.  You never know when your laughter and joy might be the only ray of sunshine in the life of someone else.

Here's some things that we ought to laugh at:
1.)  With those that laugh.  If someone is happy and joyful, be happy with them.  Romans 12:15 tells us to rejoice with them that are rejoicing.
2.)  Laugh at silly things....go on...it'll be alright.  It's okay to be crazy, goofy, funny sometimes:-)
3.)  Laugh at jokes that do not dishonor the Lord.
4.)  And, this is probably the MOST important----Laugh at YOURSELF!!  This has been a hard lesson for me to learn, because as a younger woman, I hated to be embarrassed.  I hated when people laughed at me.  But, as I've gotten older, I've realized that most of the time they were laughing because whatever I did was genuinely funny.  Not always but most of the time now the person laughing loudest at me is my own self!  And, boy, is it ever better than being mad because someone else is laughing at me.  

So, girls, have a great Friday and go ahead......LAUGH!


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 5
Matthew 12

2 comments:

  1. This post definitely reminds me of myself. :) I have this bad habit of laughing at everything......even sometimes when I shouldn't (like someone falling lol). It is true statement that a merry heart doeth good like a medicine. It makes the sadness of your heart fade out to the sound of laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to laugh and to hear other people laugh! I have learned that it's no use worrying over little things and getting embarrassed at small stuff because everybody makes mistakes and it's good to laugh at ourselves! Today I read proverbs 5 and Matthew 12.

    ReplyDelete