Thought for Sunday, July 14th

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."  Matthew 5:9

A very simple word--peacemaker, defined as simply one who makes peace.  And, if there's anything we are lacking amongst our girls and ladies, it would definitely be women who are wholly given to creating harmony.  Some of us, in fact, do the complete opposite.  Instead of being a calming force in a volatile situation, we act more like the gasoline!  We do this at times by pointing out the negative instead of focusing on what is helpful.   

"Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins."  Proverbs 10:12

Sometimes, to appease strife, all it would take would be a simple, "I don't think she really meant it like that" or maybe, "Don't worry about what they said.  God will work this all out".  Instead, we often say something like, "I understand why you're mad!  She thinks she's better than everybody else..."  or "You should say something!  You can't let people run over  you!"

Remember, girls, sometimes when we stir up trouble, the trouble turns out to be way more than we bargained for.  Be a peacemaker!

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 14
Matthew  21

2 comments:

  1. I am guilty as charged although I do try to be a peacemaker sometimes it does not work out like that. I need to work on always being a peacemaker not only sometimes. Today I read Matthew 21/ Proverbs 14.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of times where I try to be a peacemaker when someone comes to me and tells me something that happened. But there are also times when I don't do anything to help the situation, and that is something I need to work on too. Today I read proverbs 14 and Matthew 21.

    ReplyDelete