Thought for Wednesday, July 10th

Someone once said that the fastest way to fail is to try to please everyone.  No matter how hard you try, someone is always going to find fault.  Perhaps this is the reason why so many are discouraged and depressed; they've realized that, in spite of their best intentions, there's usually somebody who will complain.  Others, realizing they can't please everybody, do not try to please anybody.  And, they, too, are miserable.  So, girls, where is the answer?  The answer lies in pleasing Christ. 

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.  Romans 14:12
 

At the end of the day, you need to be able to pillow your head knowing that, according to Scripture, you have been pleasing to the Lord in your day's activities.  If you haven't been, the answer is easy!  In humbleness, ask for the Lord's forgiveness and His wisdom not to make the same mistake again.  He is a merciful God, plenteous in grace, and always willing to hear you.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.   I John 1:19


If our hearts are right before our Savior, He will make everything else and everybody else okay!  One of my favorite verses is Proverbs 16:7,

When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 10
Matthew 17

3 comments:

  1. So many times I have been like the fool. Now I will try to think harder before I say something.
    Read Proverbs 10 & Mathew 17

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really try to put in a good effort to try and brighten someone's day by being cheery. That is one of the reasons I always try to act super happy, I want to please at least one person even though I can not please everyone. I red Proverbs 10 and Matthew 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always struggled with caring about what other people think about me. "Oh what if they get offended by me saying that, Or what if they don't like what I am wearing.' I always have to try to remind myself it is not what others think of me but what God thinks of me. Today I read Proverbs 10/Matthew 17.

    ReplyDelete