Thursday, July 25th

I have to be honest, the Lock Haven teen girls are some of the sweetest, most compassionate young ladies I've ever had the privilege of working with.  Pride is a sin---if it's the wrong kind of pride.  But, I am proud of each of you.  Perhaps the better word would be pleased with our girls.  Most of you have honored your commitments from camp; there has been a genuine desire for spiritual things in your hearts and evidenced in your actions.  So, this morning, I want to encourage you to keep going! Too many times we view our Christian race as one that has a finish line on this side of Heaven.  It doesn't.  We must keep our eyes on the cross, ever pressing forward toward the mark of the prize.  Remember the memory verse we learned at camp:

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. I Corinthians 9:24

There will be days when you feel defeated; this may even be one of them:-(  Be assured though that when in view of eternity, these heartaches and distractions will be a very, very distant memory.  The sacrifices you make now to walk with Christ will all be worth it.  If you are ridiculed, you will be rewarded.  If you are forsaken (by earthly man---NEVER by your Heavenly Father), you will not be forgotten.  If you are surrendered in this life, you will be saluted. 

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 25
Mark 4


 

2 comments:

  1. Now make sure you do 1 Cor. 9:24 with an accent(lol). This lesson was a great reminder that the race is not easy but in the end it is well worth it. When I feel defeated I always think of this song with these lyrics, " all I know is I'm not home yet this is not where I belong." I know this world is not my home I am just passing through. Today I read Mark 4/ Proverbs 25.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really needed this. Was feeling discouraged
    and I totally read that verse with a very pronounced southern accent...and it wasn't even on purpose lol!!

    ReplyDelete