Wednesday, July 31st

Don't cross your bridges until you get to them.  We spend our lives defeating ourselves crossing bridges we never get to.
 

I am so guilty of this!!  As ladies, we can spend all day long thinking about what might happen and how we will handle it when it does.  I tell myself it's called being prepared, but girls, it's not.  It's better termed being a worrywart---and worrying about something that hasn't even happened yet!  God  understands that we have concerns, and He makes provision for us when we are worried.
 
 
"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."  Philippians 4:6

That word careful just means anxious.  We are not to be anxious or worried; we are to bring our burdens and concerns to the Lord and leave them there.  There's a reason for that:  we cannot change life's circumstances.  We cannot change people.  And, we cannot change the fact that trials, tragedies, and turmoil happen to us.  What we can change is how we handle those adversities.  We can learn the simple lesson that if we cannot change it, why worry about it?  Why not let God concern Himself with it? 
"If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?"   Luke 12:26


So, girls, let's commit together that we will take one day at a time, do what the Lord directs us to do, and ask Him to take care of the rest.  And, what we can't change, let's not worry about.

Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 31
Mark 10



2 comments:

  1. Wow, I needed this because I tend to over think things. But really there is no reason for me stress about about something that may or may not happen, because He is watching over me and will take care of it all. Today I read mark 10 and proverbs 31

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fortunate to where I don't worry about things that might not even happen, I'm pretty go-with-the-flow when it comes to that. I REALLY worry when it comes to things I KNOW will happen (a test, a big paper I know I will eventually have to write, a boring book I'll have to read...) It really stresses me out because I absolutely DREAD those things and I need to ask God to comfort me and ask him to help me not worry so much about the inevitable.

    ReplyDelete