Wednesday, July 24th

"Wow, she's got anger issues!"
Ever heard that said about someone?  The Bible calls it wrath and has much to say about its destruction.

He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: Proverbs 14:29

Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; Proverbs 27:4

A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to ang er appeaseth strife. Proverbs 15:18

"I just have a short fuse, Mrs. Kim.  That's all.  I really don't have a problem with anger at all."  We can cover our indignation by making excuses, but that won't help us.  Anger is a human emotion, and to be sure, every one of us will battle anger in some form.  But, uncontrollable anger is as dangerous as gasoline.  It's volatile and unpredictable, and, it must be surrendered to the Lord.  For some, it's a daily battle and not easily won.  But, it CAN be brought under submission of the Holy Spirit, and there can be spiritual victory.  Here are a few thoughts to consider:

1.) If you're angry, do not talk to the person with whom you are angry.  Your anger will eventually subside, but a cutting, hurtful remark said in that anger will not.

2.) Get alone with God in prayer until the moment of rage passes, and the Lord grants you a spirit of calm, peace.

3.)  Ask the Lord to forgive you if your anger is unreasonable.  Not all anger is unreasonable; but, many times the way we handle it is.

4.)  Ask God to help you forgive if your anger is reasonable;  however, be prepared to ask forgiveness if the Lord reveals to you that it is yourself who is wrong.

Don't waste time being mad, girls.  Life's just too short.

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 24
Mark 3


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is not my anger that is unjustifiable it is the way I go about handling it. I realize that I should always think before saying something in anger. Because words are something that hurt and you can never take them back. Today I read Mark 3/ Proverbs 24

    ReplyDelete
  2. I when I'm angry I really need to watch what I say, because when I'm mad at someone I tend to say something rude to them. Wednesday, I read mark 3 and proverbs 24.

    ReplyDelete